The Accounts Payable Specialist will participate in and support all aspects of the Accounts Payable function including vendor relations, assists with payment management, month end close and assists with year-end tax reporting.
- Review and process vendor invoices and requests for disbursement for accuracy, general ledger coding, proper documentation and levels of approval, and compliance to policies.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure compliance with accounting requirements and company invoice/payment guidelines
- Provide excellent customer service by building and maintaining relationships, supporting, and interacting with internal and external customers.
- Assist with identification, research, and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Provide problem resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy.
- Perform 1099 reporting; review and verify W-9’s; participate in new vendor setup and ensuring information accuracy and proper coding.
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Seek ways to work more efficiently and effectively while not losing site of departmental goals.
- Follow up with requests from other departments /auditors for information / reports.
- Perform all tasks related to Accounts Payable in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Complete other tasks/functions as needed.
- United States (Required)