This position involves overseeing concrete crews who perform operations related to concrete flat and curb work for residential site development projects.
- Able to read blueprints and layout project accordingly
- Ability to use tools related to concrete layout, prep, form and finish so as to train new crew members
- Must be able to layout, prep, form and finish for concrete work
- Good communication skills with the ability to keep both the crew and the office staff aware of the status of the project and to develop a good working relationship with other superintendents on the project
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to direct others to get the project completed according to schedule
- Working knowledge of forming and finishing different types of concrete (including curb and not limited to flat work).
- Physical dexterity to pour, grade, and finish concrete, involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- 2-5 years of concrete construction crew experience
- 5+ years of concrete experience
- Must understand basic English language
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, push, pull, reach, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, bend, twist, climb, and balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, kneel, and crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Standards – Company Wide
- Continually improve personal technical, supervisory, personnel, and customer relations skills.
- All interactions with customers, owners, engineers, etc., whether it is in person or a telephone call, will be conducted with respect and in a professional manner.
- VP of Operations, Project Managers and other Superintendents will be notified of any issues that cannot be resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame, and before the deadline has arrived.
- All proprietary company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
- Perform all administrative requirements per process.
- General maintenance of company owned assigned tools or equipment.
- Comply with all processes and procedures outlined in the company Handbook and/or Safety Manual