The Financial Analyst will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide recommendations on future financial plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Ability to interact professionally
- Produce standard monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Develop analytical tools and models to support strategic business planning
- Complete ad hoc reporting and financial analysis
- Interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action
- Assist and support annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Participate in strategic business planning and provide forecasting and analysis expertise
- Intermittent travel, up to 5%.
- 0-2 years’ experience in finance, construction, or related field
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related field
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and articulate data analysis
Preferred Education and Experience
- Construction industry knowledge is a plus
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Prophix experience a plus
- Viewpoint experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee regularly sits for long periods of time at a desk in front of a computer screen. The employee occasionally may be required to lift, push, pull or carry objects; typically, when filing is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arm. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- United States (Required)
Standards – Company Wide
- Evaluate, recommend, develop, and implement improved construction or service systems, policies, methods and procedures
- Continually improve personal technical, personnel, and customer relations skills
- All interactions with customers, owners, managers, etc., whether it is in person or a telephone call, will be conducted with respect and in a professional manner
- Accounting Manager will be notified of any issues that cannot be resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame, and before the deadline has arrived
- All proprietary company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
- Perform all administrative requirements per process
- General maintenance of company owned assigned tools or equipment
- Comply with all processes and procedures outlined in the company Handbook and/or Safety Manual
Job Type: Full-time