The Finish Base Loader performs grading work and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the loader. This position operates loaders equipped with front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop which is used to transport aggregate or other materials, feed hoppers or chutes, and/or stockpile aggregates.
- Operate the Loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Operate Loader controls to lower and tilt bucket and drive forward to force bucket into the bulk material; Move lever to raise and tilt bucket when filled, or to dump material.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Loader.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Loader.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.