Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the skid steer and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Operate skid steer in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to Finish the surface to the specified final grade.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Ensure skid steer is in proper gear and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
- Keep and maintain Daily Work logs and reports
- Experience in finish grading with Skid Steer as well with other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of Residential construction, and Residential construction processes and industry requirements.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics. Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Must have Strong communication skills
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- 2 years’ experience in like position
- Must have a clean MVR record and CDL as this position requires the use of a company vehicle and Trailer.
- Must be accustomed to working in an outdoor setting which could include inclement weather, heat & humidity, and exposure to dust and dirt.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require bending, lifting (up to 40lbs), squatting, walking, and handling of materials.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
The physical demands below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must understand basic English language
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Standards – Company Wide
- Continually improve personal technical, supervisory, personnel, and customer relations skills.
- All interactions with customers, owners, engineers, etc., whether it is in person or a telephone call, will be conducted with respect and in a professional manner.
- VP of Operations, Project Managers and other Superintendents will be notified of any issues that cannot be resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame, and before the deadline has arrived.
- All proprietary company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company.
- Perform all administrative requirements per process.
- General maintenance of company owned assigned tools or equipment.
- Comply with all processes and procedures outlined in the company Handbook and/or Safety Manual
Job Category: Skid steer Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando FL Sanford FL