The Heavy Equipment Fuel and PM Service Tech will provide fueling and preventive maintenance service in the field for company equipment and vehicles as needed.
- Maintains and make minor repairs to heavy equipment machinery and mechanical equipment in the field such as engines, attached components and equipment.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Work in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improved methods and the safety of others.
- Maintain a positive attitude and role model for the other employees to follow.
- Maintain a minimum set of tools required for job performance.
- Care and maintain company machines/equipment and ensure co-workers are doing the same.
- Maintain personal company service literature and maintain a high awareness of technical changes in the industry.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Change machine fluids and filters, etc.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- May make minor adjustments to functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Minor repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Complete all required forms for the customer and service management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in equipment servicing.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Class B CDL Driver s License with clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or related equivalent required.
- United States (Required)
Job Category: Mechanic
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sanford