Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains and pipelines. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement, glue or plastic welding.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques
- Other General Labor and construction related duties as required.