Drive Caterpillar/Volvo or equivalent Articulating Off-Road Haul Truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, dirt and clearing debris on a construction site.
- Skilled, trained, and qualified to drive off-road trucks, end dumps, and rollers.
- Ability to safely perform physical duties associated with operation of Dump Truck/Roller including but not limited to bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, and climbing into and out of, and around heavy equipment.
- Experienced and trained with an understanding of construction operations involving handling and hauling fill materials, mass excavation activities; clearing and grubbing; and backfilling and compacting.
- Skilled at the practice of safely driving and navigating on worksites according to OSHA and JMH safety protocols and requirements.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing or via radio.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries, wear all site specific mandated protective equipment including but not limited to hard hat, hearing protection, safety-toe boots, and safety glasses.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 9+ hours per day.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
- Must be able to wear all required Osha safety equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Must be able to keep load count of various materials being hauled.
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service multiple times in one shift.
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle before operation, responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- The Driver/Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.