This position involves the operation of an Articulated Off-Road Truck Driver that moves mass excavation, in an off-road environment.
· Conduct pre-shift and post-shift daily inspections of equipment for safety and mechanical defects.
· Operate/drive construction type equipment to haul, spread, smooth, level, or move mass excavation.
. Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently
. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
. Regular attendance a must
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Must be safety oriented
· Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, communicate tactfully and effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and the public
· Able to learn and comply with all safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations
· Able to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures
· Ability to travel within the Central Florida area and to work overtime when required
· Must be able to pass a drug screen
· Must have a strong work ethic
The physical demands below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to push and pull with hands, arms, and feet repetitively
· Must have good visual and auditory physical capabilities in order to manage sights and sounds in a hazardous environment
· Able to be alert and cognitive of multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including awareness of other employees, subcontractors, machinery, equipment, and moving traffic when applicable.
- Must understand basic English language
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Work Location: In person