This position requires a friendly, positive, outgoing motivated, highly organized and detail oriented individual. This position is a forward-facing role (you will work with people all day) and must maintain a polished, poised, presentable, professional, and friendly demeanor at all times. This person will provide administrative support to office staff. Team player, excellent people skills, pleasant speaking voice, and the capacity to multi-task. This position requires interaction with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, discretion, and judgment. Word/Excel skills required. We are a high-energy, upbeat, and fun company and are seeking out talent that has the same energy. Our ideal candidate has experience working with people in a customer service capacity, having ‘yes’ and ‘how can I help’ as their mind set.
- Greet visitors and answer phones
- Distribute incoming mail, large packages and correspondence
- Order and track office supplies
- Accurately create and maintain tracking systems and spreadsheets
- Assist with a variety of special projects as assigned; work very closely with HR and Accounting
- Manage filing systems, update records, and organize documentation
- Collaborative personality; work as a teammate in order to further the organization
- Strong ability to problem solve and navigate a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Excellent oral/written communication, organizational and problem solving capacity
- Self-starter with the capacity to handle a diverse workload and stay busy during slow periods
- Strong desire to take on new tasks and responsibilities and develop within the company
- Ability to adapt to and get along with a multitude of various types of individuals
- Assisting with digitizing current existing paper documentation into our electronic filing system
- Ability to prioritize assignments, adapt to changes in daily tasks when necessary and the ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of professionalism and poise
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be responsive and flexible
- Ability to identify needs and pro-actively provide solutions
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable communication, etiquette, poise, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, dependable, and highly professional and presentable
- Positive attitude, high energy, self-motivated and service-oriented mindset
- “Yes” and “service oriented” attitude
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and other MS programs
- Experience within the construction industry is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Experience in forward, guest facing or customer service industry is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is a plus but is not a prerequisite
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Skills:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch and grasp, reach with hands and arms, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift or move up to 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning.
Observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with constant interruptions; interact with JMH Staff, Employees, and outside organizations; and frequently deal with dissatisfied or quarrelsome individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.