This position will be primarily focused on the data entry of payroll processing and providing payroll related transactional support to Employees, Management and Executive leadership. The Senior Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information and participate in daily data entry of Payroll processing.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all tasks related to the weekly processing of a multi-company.
- Prepare and review payroll reconciliations.
- Process paycard payments and other real time pay as needed.
- Stay current on wage and hour laws with payroll implications.
- Auditing of time records to ensure all timesheets have been completed and approved.
- Verify employee change records entered by HR.
- Process Wage Attachments
- Answers court ordered requests regarding wage attachment.
- Process deduction changes
- Answers all employee questions regarding all aspects of paychecks including deductions, taxes and earnings.
- Reconcile and processes 401k payments.
- Reconciles payroll to G/L.
- Maintains PTO accruals
- Research payroll discrepancies
- Completes Wage verification forms.
- Maintains payroll records and reports.
- Prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports and queries.
- Processes prevailing wage requirements including Davis-Bacon, Service Contract Act and state specific project rate requirements.
- Processes all quarterly and year-end tax reporting functions including W-2 reporting.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation (preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of payroll and payroll related administration and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger accounting practices.
- Knowledge of accounting office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficiency utilizing a sophisticated ERP and Payroll system, financial applications and personal computer software applications.
- Strong proficiency in developing and updating spreadsheets in Excel.
- Ability to perform system maintenance and application testing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex payroll records, reports, and files.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and other employees.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Finance or Accounting; Bachelor’s Degree in similar is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of payroll experience preferred; a combination of equivalent experience and education will be considered.