Jon M Hall is seeking a qualified Survey Helper at our Orlando, FL location to provide support to surveyors and survey crew at the direction of the Survey Party Chief.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and help surveyors in performing field surveys.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that theodolite operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth’s surface, underground, and underwater using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Place and hold measuring tapes when electronic distance-measuring equipment is not used.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Run rods for benches and cross-section elevations.
- Perform manual labor, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar, and other heavy items, and stacking rods.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles used by surveying crews.