We are seeking an experienced Project superintendent with over 10 years of experience in Residential / Commercial Construction comprised of Heavy Mass grading and Underground Storm/Utility experience.
- Project Requirements
- Ensure that the project is completed in accordance with the construction documents, Schedule and within budget.
- Utilize the most efficient manpower, equipment and construction practices possible while following company policy and guidelines.
- Interpret construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Upon request, assist project manager in checking of shop drawings and submittals.
- Supervise all field personnel as well as Delegate specific responsibilities to supervisors and foreman, assess performance, and suggest efficiency improvement activities where needed.
- Coordinate and oversee all subcontract work on a daily basis.
- Maintain periodic advance notice (beginning a minimum of two weeks in advance) to subcontractors regarding job progress as it affects the start of each phase of their work.
- At each phase of construction, verify dimensions, elevations, alignment and quality standard prior to proceeding to the next phase.
- Organize and maintain cleanliness on the project.
- Maintain project record documents and daily log.
- Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked.
- Inspect materials upon receipt to ensure that materials are free of defects and comply with purchase orders.
- Once each week, deliver materials receipts and gas tickets to the Project Manager or the office.
- Consult with the Project Manager regarding any questions about the interpretation of the construction documents.
- Advise the Project Manager/Supervisor immediately of any conflicts in the construction documents or existing field conditions.
- Obtain the Project Manager’s approval prior to proceeding with any extra work or variance from the requirements of the construction documents.
- Upon request, provide the Project Manager with details of the progress of each phase of construction.
- Periodically evaluate the performance of the project field personnel and review the results of these evaluations with the General Superintendent.
- Enforce quality control and Company safety policies on all aspects of construction.
- Provide General Superintendent/PM with a 2 week look ahead schedule
- Conduct daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool Box Talk with crew.
- Provide Job Hazard Analysis prior to new work activities daily and review with crew.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- 10+ years of residential/Commercial construction of Mass grading and Underground Storm/Utility experience.
- Must be self-motivated and punctual to all appointments.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills.
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- OSHA 10 certified
- MOT Certified
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks in order to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday